Monday, January 08, 2007

Banks vs. Credit Unions

Everyone who knows me knows I like a good "movement!" Whether it's a movement of pleasing classical music, an abundance or rapid progress of events, a "grassroots for a good cause" movement, or (my favorite) "I had coffee on an empty tummy in the morning" movement, I like 'em all and support those that are my favorites or make a big impact.

I do this professionally, too, because I work for the leading provider of financial services to credit unions and their members worldwide. The credit union space is typically referred to as a "movement" as well, because the CU community is a diffusely organized or heterogeneous group of people or organizations tending toward or favoring a generalized common goal.

Some people are saying that the CU movement is in trouble. There's a lot of consolidation in the industry, and attracting new members amid changing charters and on-line bank offerings can be tough. I think there's a lot of confusion over the differences between banks and credit unions, too

I just found a VERY COOL website that helps to differentiate the difference. Check it out!

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Those are Fabulous (just like you). I love the Mac parody. As much as the Mac Commericals make me want to give up my PC, These clips make me want to jump ship from the traditional bank and get onboard with that adorable Credit Union. w00t!